View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 08:35 AM  
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSEO View Post
There is no USSR anymore, so there is no associations with it. According to your logic, Finland must be associated with Nazi Germany and 3rd Reich because you were aliens during WWII. I'm I correct?

As about Russia... Finland like Russian Federation was a part of Russian Empire before the revolution of 1917. That's your history and we can't change it.

Your education sucks, man. North/South is the thing defined by latitude, while East/West is the thing defined by longitude. So you are on East and North at the same time, like Turkey which is on the East and South. BTW, if you look at the map, you will see that Russian territory expands even Northern than Finland.
Associations don't die that easily. And the Soviet Union was mostly plain Russia to us. We called you guys Russians then, before that, and now. Accurate or not. About Nazi Germany, Finnish do have Germany symphaties, although not nazi ones. It even was most important foreign language after the war, despite German's defeat, before English came and changed that.

And yes, we were part of Russia about a hundred years, and before that we were part of Sweden and before that we had "tribe stuff". The hundred year in a time span of thousand years, didn't make us Russians.

Why we should define our location just west/east wise (how we see ourselves)? If there is something that defines our location, it is north. About Russia's northern parts, I did mention about the main parts of Russia, and the long time historical core area, that is quite south wise, actually a tad more south wise than it is currently.