View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 01:31 PM  
TheSquealer
BANNED

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka123 View Post
And you don't think that police would be a good place to start the change towards better gun culture? Police is the most controllable group from all the folks who shoot people + a very high profile group.

If campaigns like "It's not cool to shoot people." worked in black ghettos, I guess that police could adopt that policy too.
Just watch the video. Its not so cut and dry. The rest of the world can talk about "gun culture" all they want. What gets left out is "the worlds largest drug market", "the worlds largest areas of operation for drug gangs and gangs in general" and so on and so on and so on. There is no single "thing" to change to undo almost 300 years of "the government can't take my guns"... something the rest of the world doesn't understand and something i think is absurd... but that is 100% unrelated to the problems with guns.

The problems with guns in the USA is not coming from redneck, hillbilly jack offs like my relatives with their pickup trucks and confederate flags. The problem is largely in inner cities and usually gang related and has far more to do with a breakdown of culture in some ethnic groups and nothing to do with "gun culture"

Anyone can watch this video and easily understand why every interaction with a person or suspect can be deadly.
Man shoots, kills officer wearing body cam - CNN Video

Reid had a history of shooting at cops, and Officer Days was one of the arresting officers when Reid had fired at them before.
"Superior Court records and reports in The Press show that Reid, then called Jerome Reid, was 15 years old when he fired three shots at a trio of state troopers in Atlantic County in March 1994. Reid eventually was sentenced to 15 years in state prison on a charge of criminal attempted homicide."