View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 02:55 PM  
Relentless
www.EngineFood.com

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
Again... force = mass * acceleration. Mike Tyspn had unreal hand speed for his size which is why he had so many knockouts.
And that explains why James Toney got choked out by Randy Couture, why huge strikers like Overeem and Mark Hunt lose to smaller men regularly, why Royce Gracie was able to win UFC championships against much larger fighters...

Oh, that's right, it explains none of those things

Floyd Mayweather has the fastest hands in Boxing right now. Please tell me you don't seriously think he would last 5 rounds in a cage with Aldo. Hand speed doesn't do anything for you when someone takes you down and grinds you out, destroys your legs with kicks, or lands body kicks continuously until you can't breathe.

If it's a lack of respect for Bruce Lee specifically... how about someone like Weidman or George St Pierre - much smaller men than Tyson who also would have easily beat him in any fight in a ring or cage with a referee. The only way Tyson could compete is if he stopped being a boxer and started learning the other areas of the game that are essential to surviving. A one dimensional boxer stands zero chance in a cage fight.

Again... Nick, I am not saying in a broken bottle bar fight... I'm saying in a ring or cage with a ref and rules ;)

Website Secure | Engine Food
ICQ# 266-942-896
Relentless is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote