View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 03:37 AM  
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
As for submarines, you make it sound like it's easy to find a submarine at sea and easy to destroy. Nothing could be further from the truth. They sneak in at night, pick him, and stay under water until nightfall. I can think of two Uboats that surrendered in South America after the way - U-530 and U-977.

While I believe Hitler committed suicide at the bunker, anything was possible and it's obvious it could have happened because thousands pulled it off.
You use too much that "nothing could be further from the truth." Regarding submarine detection, I think one word is sufficient: radar, and for tad more words; especially radar equipped submarine hunting airplanes. That is how the submarines got sunk at the Bay of Biscay, and also in generally most of the later war German subs fell to radar equipped submarine hunting airplanes, those could detect even sub's snorkel.

Yes, Hitler could have escaped to South America, but most probably not with submarine, and he didn't do it with any way.