View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 12:35 PM  
izombie
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paz View Post
I love WordPress but I think it was built by a load of kiddie scripters, with dodgy plugins and bloated themes that don't work in different versions or conflict with each other. On the whole there's massive support a huge range of plugins and it's very SE friendly out of the box. Support of eCommerce in WP is getting better.

Set up properly Drupal can be SE friendly too (ie get rid of those dumb nodes) but out of the box it's nowhere near as SE-friendly as WP is but if I had the budget and my business was doing serious money online I'd do Drupal (or Magento).
Out of the box Drupal doesn't really give you much to work with, you have to know which modules to add and how to configure them to really make it into a functional website that is SE friendly.

I've actually never used Wordpress when I began experimenting with CMS's I thought it was just for making simple blogs, though it has certainly progressed beyond that. I experimented with other CMS's like Joomla, Xoops, EZPublish but I came back to Drupal because its being used by a lot of big businesses and has a great support community.