View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 04:22 PM  
takethebluepill
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Simplified for those of you who don't understand.

As a person that lives approx 500 km (300 miles) from the source of this oil, and as a fairly heavy investor in our oil industry, as are my family, friends and neighbours, I can assure you that this oil will arrive in the US regardless of whether it uses Keystone or some other method. The stock prices for Trans Canada bear this out. While a nicety, keystone will not be the end all or be all and the confidence of the investors and the corporation show this to be true.

Will Obama stop the oil from entering the US by some other method. Not a chance. That would require a a complete change in the current trade agreements with not just Canada but other countries as well. That's not going to happen.

So what is the consensus here in oil country as too why Obama is putting his veto power to this issue? Those that are against the pipeline are very against it. On the other hand, those who are for it, are overall neither here nor there. It's just not that big of a deal. So, politically, it's a smart move with little downside.

As far as any Koch Bro influence or profit taking, every major investment firm has been able to show that this is pretty much BS. And believe me, there's nobody with more diligence at this sort of thing than investors.
takethebluepill is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote