View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 07:53 PM  
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I don't let him off the hook. I said I agreed with what he said in the quote from the Marc Maron podcast. Has he gotten himself involved in racial issues when maybe he shouldn't have? Perhaps. Personally, I don't see the problem as being all his. If anything I think that with him as president a lot of black people (and minorities in general) have decided to stop taking shit and air their grievances. These are issues that go back a long way in this country. The more vocal black people get the mode defensive white people get and it drags the racism out of the gutter.

In this article they mention how the poll numbers (the same poll numbers you mentioned) show that right now race relations are at their worst since 1997 when the same number of people thought there were serious racial problems in this country. That is only 18 years ago. It isn't like we have had decades of racial peace in this country and suddenly the president has undone it.
Thanks for the link. My view isn't that BO undid good race relations. My view is race relations were never a concern of his. Even after they were thrown into his face, Zimmerman being the example. And now when he tries to get serious about it, he distracts from that by saying hahahahahaha.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote