View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 04:16 PM  
NaughtyVisions
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineistaken View Post
Did he intend to kill him? Difference between one drunk driver and another usually is that one is lucky not to hit anybody. What I mean - you can be the nicest person, but too stupid to decide to drunk drive and be unlucky to hit somebody.
The argument has been made, though I don't know that I 100% buy it, that Vick grew up in a dog fighting culture, and didn't fully realize the wrong in what he was doing. I can kind of understand it, but at the same time, I feel like it's a bullshit excuse.

That being said, how do you defend Ray Rice, who was caught on video knocking out his wife. Or Greg Hardy, who strangled his girlfriend and threatened to kill her? Or the several sexual assault claims against Ben Roethlisberger? Or Ray Lewis (yes, retired, I know), who was charged with murder but agreed to testify against his friends and pleaded down. Lewis was fined $250,000 and didn't miss a game, and, was named Superbowl MVP the next year.

I guess it doesn't matter what you do to other people...