View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 08:16 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Maybe, but he's already starting to lose in the polls, and Crazy Ben Carson is climbing really fast now. I think Trump is running out of insult-steam and will realize that saying nutty things doesn't get him the applause it used to. He'll have to get serious and when he does, realize the job is much tougher than he thought.

That being said though, I really hope he sticks it through to the end because he's (a) still an entertaining doofus, and (b) making all the other republican nominees waste their money.
In the national poll Carson is gaining on him an he has lost a few points, but most of Carson's support has likely come at the expense of the other, non-Trump, candidates. Carson is within 6 points in Iowa, but way behind in New Hampshire and South Carolina. Those are the first three republican primaries. Carson can make moves since they are still 5 months away, but if Trump wins those three states most of the other candidates will likely drop out of the race. If that happens he could ride that momentum to the nomination. Anything could happen between now and then, but if Trump hangs on to the lead he has now and takes that into the primaries he will be hard to beat.

All that said, I think for him to actually hold that lead he needs to start talking more about his policies and ideas and not just bash everyone else. The shit show is fun to watch, but eventually people want to hear that he has an actual plan aside from "I'll be great!"
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote