View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 12:54 PM  
NaughtyVisions
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadudu View Post
a: devaluing college degrees by making public colleges tuition free
Not that I want to wander into the middle of this pissing contest, but could you please explain to me how lowering the cost of college tuition devalues a college degree?

The degree is based on the curriculum, and the person's ability to study, understand and pass tests based on said curriculum. I fail to see how much one has to pay to take those courses has any relation to value of the degree for passing said courses.

It's almost like your argument is that the people who can't afford a college education are stupid. So by keeping tuition rates high, only the wealthy (and obviously the only smart people) will be able to earn the degrees. Even if that logic is true, opening the classes up to the poor does not devalue the degree, because the stupid people will still fail the course!

The value of a degree based on education has no relation to the cost of the program.