View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 07:43 AM  
faxxaff
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA$ON View Post
Affiliates get 50%-70% of the join value without having to take on any risk or overhead. And in cases of PPL/PPS, they get it on DAY 1, where the program needs to wait 6-9 months to recover that $ and get into the black.

There is a reason almost every whale (xxx joins a day+) continues to do so as an affiliate and doesnt start a program to send all their traffic to. It might make sense if you do 50 joins a day to a small paysite niche, then I can see it making sense because you could build and run a single site without to much effort or expense.
That's how it was a decade ago. These days affiliates are shouldered with a significant risk by programs they promote. I have lost mid six digits from programs failing to pay or bankrupts processors/AVS systems. I am certain the same has happened to other affiliates.

Affiliates who build new traffic networks to explore new niches need to make similar investments in various resources from media buying to employees to reach their goals. As such the investments are similar compared to programs, but of course, the margin is better.