View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 01:25 PM  
JA$ON
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by faxxaff View Post
That's how it was a decade ago. These days affiliates are shouldered with a significant risk by programs they promote. I have lost mid six digits from programs failing to pay or bankrupts processors/AVS systems. I am certain the same has happened to other affiliates.

Affiliates who build new traffic networks to explore new niches need to make similar investments in various resources from media buying to employees to reach their goals. As such the investments are similar compared to programs, but of course, the margin is better.
I think what your saying is affiliates run a risk in terms of programs going under and not paying them?

Yes, that happens. And Ive had payments that didn't come for one reason or another. Bank issues, Program closes etc (thankfully not HUGE, maybe low xx,xxx being the most at any one time) But if I look at the $$$ Ive made and then the payments I got screwed on, Id think its WELL under 0.01%. Now most of the companies I promote ares LARGE, established programs who do and have done thousands of sales a day for years, so Im lucky. Im sure guys promoting smaller, niche pay site programs deal with this more often.
JA$ON is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote