View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 08:51 PM  
plaster
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Wowsa... so Punker is completely wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker barbie View Post
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerovic View Post
Sorry for bumping this thread, but i guess ppl have to see this

Here's my original message to their support

Hi,

Recently I saw that some models place big links on their chat rooms where it says "Sign Up" or other kind of stuff... How I see, these links are their own affiliate links, which means, they don't only make money from their own show, but if they refer a new user they will make a commission from that too... Which is completely fine, but

What if someone who gets to chaturbate.com from my affiliate link, simply sees this big "Sign Up" button and clicks it... who gets the credit for this user? Will my affiliate code be overwrited by the models affiliate id, or the new users will still go under me?

Here are two quick examples:
Chat with Livegoddess in a Live Adult Video Chat Room Now
Chat with Kokette22 in a Live Adult Video Chat Room Now

Thanks,

Their answer was

Dear zerovic,

If a user signs up using these model's links, then the credit will go to the model, even if they clicked on your affiliate link first.
Let us know if you require any further assistance, and we will be happy to help!

Thank you,
Customer Support

My response

Wow, then why do you allow these kind of stuff? So basically, a model can steal my traffic with these eye catchy links? This has to be fixed asap!

And the last response

Dear zerovic,

Every user has the ability to earn referral bonuses through their referral links.

Thank you for your suggestion. We are working hard to improve the site and will consider your feedback for future improvements.

Let us know if you require any further assistance, and we will be happy to help!

Thank you,
Customer Support

Again, share your thoughts!
... btw... every program can choose to honor first cookie or last. In NATS it is called passive link or active link. Punker replied originally that it was a passive link (i.e. first cookie stays, and then has responded saying it is last cookie). Whatever the tracking system, you can honor either. Those that buy a shit ton of pops would cookie a passive link so their link stands no matter who sent the traffic.
plaster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote