View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 04:41 PM  
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matyko View Post
...there is no way to make the transition flawless.
Actually, I would disagree with this. Testing migration/integration within a controlled development environment, including the affiliate program, affiliate program tools, paysites, etc, should always be done beforehand. And if they were, then its clear the testing was not thorough enough.

You probably recall that the same thing happened with Blazing Bucks where things just never worked, out of the box, once Gamma took it over. Banners, fhg's, etc. Mark, to his credit, got on them right away to get the banners working again once he was made aware. Certainly it all got resolved, but it was pretty clear things were not thoroughly tested with that migration either.

My point is, this sort of thing should be avoidable, but seems to happen more often than not in adult when affiliate programs change hands/platforms.

Having said that, it is/was no doubt a huge undertaking to take over 21sexturycash, the paysites, affiliate program, the tools, the memberships, the billing, etc. There's a lot of moving pieces, and in such a complex migration, sometimes mistakes just happen. I certainly understand that. But it is still pretty clear that things were not tested thoroughly before going live. I think we can all agree on that, and probably even Gamma themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matyko View Post
Wish them good luck and cross fingers for a positive outcome, whining and badmouthing FameDollars/Gamma makes 0 sense. (imo)
Agreed, I wish them the best to getting a handle on things and getting it all fixed.