View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 11:36 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
no, i know that the story goes that an anti-opiate was administered. was also reading that some close to him claim he was up for 6 straight days prior to his death. maybe he was going back and forth between the uppers and downers. but it's also claimed he also had a solid work ethic up until his death. hard to work hard being a pill popper like that.

not saying that's not the case. i just don't like the anonymous dope dealer tells tabloid Prince bought $40k of dope at a time angle combined with Prince's activity level. can you play guitar like that strung out on opiates to the point of death? certainly peeps like keith richards played while loaded out on drugs, not saying it can't happen, but percocets and shredding guitar at Prince's level seems pretty hard to sustain.
"Pill poppers" get to a point that they aren't high anymore. The addiction requires them to use massive amounts to feel normal.

Remember about 10 years ago when Rush Limbaugh left his program and went to rehab for a few months? He was taking over 50 "downers" a day. And yet he had plenty of energy, lost a ton of weight, did his show every day on the radio, gave speeches all over the country and played celebrity golf tournaments all over the world.

You never would have known he was a junkie until his maid came out and disclosed that she had been the one getting him his pills for years.

Don't mistake the effect a xanax would have on your or me as opposed to the non-effect on an addict.

Keith Richards wrote and recorded some of the greatest rock songs of all times and did world tours while he was a full on heroin addict.

Addiction isn't like "partying".

If I took a couple of pain pills and washed it down with some Jack Daniels I would be FUCKED UP.
But a guy whose addicted for years? They could do that and not feel a thing, except "normal".