View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:52 AM  
Neighbor
Confirmed User

Hey Mark... You mention performance and security as reasons to keep it on your own server and wanting a script vs a SaaS.

From my experience, SaaS is much more reliable and intuitive overall vs a script, which I would assume would be extremely limited. This is an apples and oranges conversation. Two different creatures.

You also have to discuss growth of a network. When a network grows, there are many changes that come with the territory. Aside from the obvious infrastructure upgrades necessary in hardware, software and staff... you have to think about pleasing the affiliates within your network. You will find no matter what you do, you will never please 100% of your affiliates with whatever the software is... and if the software is limited, well that is just a turn off that will probably not net many affiliates in the first place.... or at least ones that are larger.

You really have to weight the options. If you think paying for and securing a server, getting a script and then supporting the script, is a lower cost than going with a company that does this every day and provides you with a staff of experts in this area already....well then I guess that's your prerogative.

That said, you should take a look at our software, NATS for Networks. And yes, I am going to plug our software solution here. We have been in the tracking industry for over 12 years now and provide superior products and support to some of the largest names in the industry.

NATS for Networks is no different, and the cost is negligible if you want a superior solution to grow a real network versus attempting to build your own from the ground up. Not saying it can't be done, but knowing what goes into developing and supporting what you are discussing, I can assure you it will take much more than you anticipate.
Neighbor is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote