View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 08:28 AM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchol View Post
Yes i will be shooting myself and it's a niche. I read your post and have question on the forum posting method. What if the forum doesn't allow promotion of external sites or outbound links?
Well, if you cant promote directly with clickable URLs etc, then simply 'Brand' yourself with your username being your site name and just talking about the stuff you have shot without directly giving your url in the form of a direct ink. People are not daft, and if you are discussing that you have what they want or what they want can be found in a certain place, its not hard to give them enough info for them to work it out themselves...

But in direct reference to me mentioning forums in my post, that was a good few years ago and the game has somewhat changed. You'll notice I didn't mention facebook, twitter, instagram etc etc in the post cause they didn't used to really exist when I was doing it... But now they do and it simply means that you have even more places to brand your product and get eyes on it...

But yes, if its original and niche, definitely go the pay per clip route at first. Get the maximum you can wile your content is still brand new. Then, perhaps a year and a half down the road, use your 'old content' to make a 'members site' but keep any new stuff pay per clip

👁️ 👍️ 💩
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote