View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 06:18 PM  
Sunny Day
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Going Before your time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
One of the most healthy people I ever knew collapsed in her kitchen one day to a cerebral haemorrhage aged 39. Died well before the ambulance arrived.

She never drank, never smoked, was an athlete in her youth, jogged every morning, was rarely unwell, had a healthy diet, got lots of sleep, had a good work life balance but in the end it was just a blood vessel in her brain that decided to pack up with no warning whatsoever.

Anything can take us out at any time. We're surrounded by danger at every moment of our lives, even from things we cannot possibly prevent such as a massive burst of cosmic radiation from an exploding star in our near galactic vicinity.

The key is to live each day like it's your last and have fun with what you're doing, because you might not wake up tomorrow.
In the early 70's, James Fixx wrote a best seller, that said jogging daily, you'd live a long, healthy, great life. Year or so later died jogging on the beach in Hawaii.

When I was in school, every magazine had articles how scientists were going to extend life expectancy to 150+ years. I knew I was going to live forever. That myth shattered my dreams.
Sunny Day is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote