View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 03:51 AM  
Adraco
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSpike View Post
Ok I get this. Wires get sent to payment providers like Chexx Americas, The Payments Factory, Option Logic and so on.

What is problematic (mind that Paxum used several different such payment providers in the last year) is that out of the blue some of them add additional fees of up to aprox $30 to the wire on top of that $50, which at the end nets aprox $80 in fees for the wire.

That is ridiculous!

On top of that, this happens inconsistently! It means it happens with one wire and doesn't happen with the next and that with the same payment provider.

I am being told it's going to cost $50 and not $80 and I base my withdrawal threshold based on that info. If it's $50 it's $50. If it's $80 it's $80.

And by the look of it I am not alone that experiences this.

Please answer the question about fees.
The "extra-fee" that you are experiencing, isn't that the (unfortunately) normal agent fee in a wire transfer?

International bank wire transfers have one sender, one recipient and often times an intermediary or agent bank in between them.

Since you, as sender or recipient, normally do not have an established relation to this intermediary bank or agent, they just serve themselves out of the honey pot that is your money when they are in transfer. They normally just take out $25 or $30 for their "services" and the fun part is that you never get a receipt for this!

Fun times trying to explain to your accountants or even better the IRS in an audit why earnings and received in company bank account mismatches with a few thousands per year... Fun times!