View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 04:55 AM  
BigFurry
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSpike View Post
No, that's not the case here, see the fees get added once and not the other time. I am talking about the same payment service provider for wires coming from the same bank account that they send the wires from. Get it? Once the add the extra fees and other times they don't.
I think it is easily possible that their bank uses a different intermediary for different transfers, and some of them charge a fee.

However, if Paxum already charges you $50, it really should send the outgoing wires with the "OUR" payment instructions. Both because it's the fair thing to do at such a high initial fee, and also because it's clear that the sent and received amounts should match for accounting reasons, as you said. I think they might be using "SHA".

Quote:
* BEN: Charges are borne by the beneficiary.
The beneficiary bears all charges of the banks engaged in the transfer of the payment. You only pay the remittance amount. All charges will be deducted from the remittance amount and the beneficiary will receive the remaining balance.

* SHA: Charges are shared.
You pay your bank charges and the remittance amount. Your beneficiary bears the charges of all the other banks (the intermediary bank, beneficiary bank, etc.). The beneficiary will receive the remaining balance.

* OUR: Charges are borne by the remitter.
You bear all charges of the payment, which includes the remittance amount, your bank charges, as well as all the other banks' fees (intermediary bank), so the beneficiary receives the complete payment.
BigFurry is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote