View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 11:10 AM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
I never gave much thought about having kids until my wife announced she was knocked up. It was the worst possible time - I was in college full time, working full time, and we had just gotten married. However, from what I've learned there is no "perfect time" to have kids.

I just turned forty-eight, and my wife and I have a sixteen year old daughter. She's great. She's kind, sweet, never talks back, never gives us any problems. I am pretty strict and have a low tolerance for bullshit, but she's never given us cause to ground her. She had a problem with her grades Freshman year, but it get "somewhat" better last year, and this year seems to be going great.

Having kids is a bit of a shock for some people. Before having kids you live for yourself - You sleep when you want to sleep, you eat when and where you want to, and on your free time you do what you want. After you have kids it's just the opposite - you sleep around your kid's schedule, you eat when your kid is hungry and you eat where you kid wants to, and your free time is sucked up by your kid. This sounds like a chore to someone who doesn't have kids, but once you have kids you want to spend your every waking moment with them. It's an amazing feeling.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote