View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 09:14 AM  
McSpike
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFurry View Post
I think it is easily possible that their bank uses a different intermediary for different transfers, and some of them charge a fee.

However, if Paxum already charges you $50, it really should send the outgoing wires with the "OUR" payment instructions. Both because it's the fair thing to do at such a high initial fee, and also because it's clear that the sent and received amounts should match for accounting reasons, as you said. I think they might be using "SHA".
It's difficult to say what they use. Last 2 times they used "The Payments Factory" as a payment provider and one time we had an extra fee added and the next time we didn't.

What I believe is happening here is that a wire going from Paxum to the payment provider is hit with the extra fee so it may not be the payment provider's fault, but Paxum's

$50 is perfectly enough for a wire, but that is in a normal banking world. Since Paxum changes banks all the time (almost each time we add funds to our account we have to use a different intermediary of theirs) it may be they change different routes for outgoing wires, too, yet they just don't care whether more fees than initially claimed will be added. Like it's our problem that their business model uses a Belizean Choice bank with very limited connections, so we should expect the unexpected, right?
McSpike is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote