View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM  
BlackCrayon
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
I was thinking the same thing about myself as I watched it.

First off... I have never even heard of 21 Pilots until last night.

And then I listened and watched their boring performance and was amazed at the crowd going crazy as if it were 1957 and it was Elvis onstage again. lol

After they were done I said: "I must be out of the loop completely...that just sucked, and people are going crazy for it"

Damn. I have officially morphed into my grandparents.
pop music has pretty much always been for idiots. the most generic music churned out to appeal to the most amount of people.

i don't think im old for not liking it, as i didn't like most of what was the radio when i was young either aside from maybe when "grunge" rock was popular. and music before my time from the 50s/60s..rock was new and sell-able and the artists were actually allowed to make what they wanted for the most part.

i like a number of new/newer bands that are putting out new music this year. you won't hear it at music award shows or even on the radio but its out there and has a following.