View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 06:18 AM  
sirkonstantine
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I hired Sean and 3 of his team members for a month long project.

He was very helpful but his team's results were abysmal. The in-house person who did the job averaged 20 units/hour. His team (all 3 of them) averaged 3 units/hour.

I asked him if the team members were tracking their hours as they were supposed to work 40 hours/week.

He said no.

Obviously, something was wrong.

I gave them a few days but the three individuals I hired still failed to beat the inhouse individual's work. Yes, 3 individuals from Sean's team failed to outproduce 1 individual inhouse.

I asked Sean about it and asked for a refund. I found out that he paid the 3 Filipino workers upfront for the whole month.

That explains everything.

These individuals are working for a few dollars an hour and a month's pay is a jackpot to them. Obviously they were unmotivated to continue working after the payment since they knew that the project would end after the month.

He made a huge mistake in sending payment upfront. He also made a huge error in judgement by not having these individuals track their hours.

So, if you are thinking about hiring Sean and his team, I recommend you implement proper controls to ensure that you're getting the work you're paying for.
sirkonstantine is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote