View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 09:26 AM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilnjscb View Post
If you like this sort of stuff, watch The Expanse. Just do it, you'll see.
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
A Yeah sure if you want to spend a few hours watching Amy Adams under-act then have fun. Seriously her character has the personality of a box of corn flakes. I know Microsoft employees who are more interesting than her.
I don't know, I like her. And don't forget the tragedy that happens to her character in this film. I thought she did a good job, though, I found myself reminded of "Lois Lane" once or twice. Maybe she won't win any awards for a while but I still liked her in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
There is a promotional copy up on Pirate Bay.
Shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
Reminded me of Solaris (the original of course) ...
I never saw the original. I know, bad. I saw the remake with George Clooney. I liked it, but like 2001, it was freaking hard to watch (slow, boring, etc). I saw Solaris twice and still don't understand the ending. Was it all in his head? Did his wife exist? Did Solaris make a copy for him? Ugh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco67 View Post
Haven't seen it yet...I hear it's a cerebral movie. Might explain why it's not going over so well around here.
Meh. I like dumb movies too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico-t View Post
Compare it to the people who thought "inception" was complex... Those are people who cannot comprehend the idea of the multi layered dream storylines - they don't get it even though it is being literally explained at the start and throughout the movie. Cannot get more obvious than that, so if you still have trouble you are not very smart.
I think you're off here a little. "Complex" can mean hard to understand, or it can mean detailed. Inception was incredibly complex, in that it was highly detailed. Yes they explain what is going on, but only in simple terms. Besides the story, the music offers a cue as to what is going on. Cobb's spinning top may not be his true totem. Time moves at different speeds depending on the dream layer. Complex doesn't begin to describe Inception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSmith View Post
I stopped reading at "fuck Star Trek".
Sorry, my bad. I should have said "Fuck Star Trek Beyond". Iz crap!

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote