View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 01:04 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I couldn't agree with you more.

If we want to build a wall and make it effective, we would have to go all out. We would have to build the Berlin wall but on steroids. It would have to be deep so they couldn't go under it, be tall so they couldn't go over it, anti aircraft to shoot down any attempts to go over it, and all of it would have to be patrolled.

And still that won't stop them. They will fly over the United States to Canada to visit and then just cross that border, legally or illegally.
Modern electronics will do a lot of the work that had to be done by people previously. Motion detectors to pick up on and under ground.

Why are you in favour of doing nothing to block more low-skilled workers coming into the US? The US is already very oversupplied with them already.

The West doesn't have enough jobs, social services and other social resources to allow their populations to increase at the present rate. By not getting very tough on migration they will make the future very tough for the majority.

Most US manufacturing jobs lost to technology, not trade.

Stopping automation in US production plants is impossible, making sure Chinese automated plants can't take more jobs and wealth from the West is sensible.

Limiting a population to a country's ability to provide a decent living for the majority is very sensible.

Policies prepare for the future are what we need. Not ones that make the future even worse.

Can anyone point out why I'm wrong and they're right about doing nothing?
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote