View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 10:47 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I bet it does really.

Let's just round it off and say three trips cost $9 million, so $3 million each.

Every time the President gets on a plane, how much does that cost? Before we answer that question, how many planes does it take? It's not a matter of Air Force One traveling to Florida. When the President travels, he takes Air Force One, a back up plane, a plane for his limo, a plane for Marine 1, and then a support plane. This is five planes. Then factor in 1-4 Air Force jets for protection, and now.... We are talking up to nine planes.

That's just planes. How much staff do you think it takes? Pilots, back up pilots, medical staff, presidential staff, cooks (Air Force One has a full kitchen), military staff, and god only knows how many Secret Service people. All of these people have to be fed and housed, and clearly Trump is not going to be giving any one free room and board.

Sometimes when the President of the United States travels.... He will take nearly 900 people with him, five planes, plus planes for protection, helicopters, limos, and forty-five other cars. When ever the President travels, it takes dozens of cars - for the White House staff, reporters, military staff, medical staff, and Secret Service.

To put this in comparison.... When Obama traveled to Africa for Mandela's funeral it cost us $11 million dollars for.... A thirteen hour stay.

So yes, it could quickly cost $3 million for a weekend for the President being on the road.

Don't believe me? Fine. Here are some links for you.
https://www.quora.com/The-White-Hous...al-trip-abroad
5 Facts You May Not Know About How Much Obama'''s Travel Costs You
A few nights ago I saw a story about what all travels with the President. Basically, wherever the President goes about 300 people go with him. It could be really easy to spend $3 million taking 300 people and everything that goes with them to Florida for a couple of days.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote