View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 05:06 AM  
Denny
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor33 View Post
I was just thinking about switching to Paxum, if there will be no solution for this and apparently it's a no go too, great.

I'm using a card issued by a domestic bank of course, but i was wondering about the Firstchoice Pay card. The issue is that ATM withdrawals are not cheap and if i can't use the card online, only for offline shopping, it means that i need to withdraw more money, put money on my other card and i will lose money in the process with every transaction. Plus it's rather inconvenient.

It says in the Firstchoice Pay FAQ that the card can be used whereever Mastercard is accepted, yet i wasn't able to use it for a single online purchase so far, on the very sites where my Payoneer card was accepted before.
firstchoicepay . custhelp . com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6042

I'm looking forward to their reply though, if there will be any, i sent my inquiry 2 days ago.

Also these online financial services like Payoneer/Firstchocie Pay are pretty much hidden from tax agencies in most countries (maybe not in the US), whereas if you use a domestic card/bank account, it is accessible by your tax agency. If i can't spend the balance of my Firstchoice Pay card online and i need to transfer it to my domestic card, that could possibly throw up red flags with the tax man.
I understand, I have both FCP and Paxum cards but don't use them online. I know some people complained about their Paxum/FCP cards being declined on certain websites recetly. Maybe it has something to do with prepaid cards in general.