View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 04:07 AM  
Jel
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanG View Post
all British people I know here are really cool and friendly and they can't understand why this Brexit thing is being done to them.

but apparently staying on an island for too long, does something to your head

besides Paul - he wins the hypocrit of the century award

but fortunately i have to listen to this whining for only 2 more years - because after that everything will be peachy and only roses for everybody in the UK and milk and honey will flow and nobody will be without a job.

and in case this won't happen just stfu anyways - you wanted it this way
I may not be cool or friendly but I understand perfectly I also understand that it'll take longer than 2 years... and that it's not necessarily about nobody being without a job - not sure why people say things like that - it's like me accusing people who wanted to remain of believing 'everything will be peachy and only roses for everybody in the UK and milk and honey will flow and nobody will be without a job' - I highly doubt any sane person of either opinion has ever said that.

Just like not all leftists want to welcome ISIS, and not all muslims are terrorists - not all brexiteers are racist homophobes despite the dirty tactics and smear campaigns of the remain camp (and ofc, there was plenty of smear shit from the leave camp too). Everyone has their reasons for wanting in or out, but honestly the whole thing is comical, as is any political difference of opinion - I don't get half as worked up about my football team as people do with their political beliefs - and lets not forget, beliefs/viewpoints is ALL they are for anyone.

There will ALWAYS be the bad shit that goes on in the world like wars, racism, homophobia, and so on - being in or out of the EU won't change that, regardless of the desperate hope that some people have that it will, and there'll always be good things like foreign aid, people being decent to each other, and so on, regarless if we are in the EU or out of it (or if the EU even exists) - the (probably) deciding factor for me was: do I think more gov't is best overall for people, or less. My belief is that the answer is a resounding 'no'. <--- this is over-simplified for the sake of a quick post, after all this is gfy where I give a fuck about what 0.00004% of members here think, or would explain in an in-depth conversation with
Jel is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote