View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 AM  
VladS
Developer

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Thanks for the other posts in this thread, they are informative.

The reason my buddy thinks he wants the software custom built is because he wants to own it 100% outright and not have licensing to worry about.

If he were to buy Mechbunny and hire someone like yourself to modify it to his needs would he own the final product outright or would there still be licensing issues with Mechbunny?
They hold copyright on their script, of course, while you, as long as agreed with the coder, you hold copyright on the changes made. I have clients who ask for such thing and the coding price goes a bit up as i hold no copyright on the work i do.

Hit me up if you want to further discuss this, but i really do not think it is worthed to spend money on doing this custom, well, if your friend wants to build "the next thing" and has the knowledge and cash to do so, yes, that's something else.

Either way, i can help with both scenarios, so please do hit me up if you decide on this project. Best of luck!
VladS is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote