View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 07:57 AM  
Busty2
Member since 1999

Industry Role:
More possible fraud on Amazon ???

Im sure some of you guys know this but just in case ill lay this out for you to comment:

I am in the market for a new Tig welder and was browsing Amazon for a good deal. I wanted the Miller Dynasty 280 DX TIG Welder 907551 At $13,000 i wanted a better deal. I saw the list of other sellers and saw a price of $499.00 ( yes a $12,500 discount?)

Too good to be true, must be for parts or damaged, maybe even refurbished. The ( NEW) seller asks that you contact them before purchase, which i did from a G-mail account and they replied it's brand new in a sealed box. But here's where the strange stuff starts, the guy asked for my phone number, full name, shipping address. I replied with "why can i not go through Amazon" and received no reply.

Now i didn't send any info but some less suspicious people may do just that. To me this is a new scam and i am seeing it more and more on Amazon, all new sellers with zero feedback praying on old folks and unsuspecting buyers. I have made a # of reports to Amazon about this but this guy/girl/team seems to be popping up all over Amazon! So if the price seems too good to be true, it probably is
Busty2 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote