View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 08:56 PM  
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 26z View Post
If you're talking about spam to buy a similar domain, that's going to happen anywhere you've got names.
Most of the spam offering similar domains for sale are from flippers of domains in RedemptionPeriod or PendingDelete. If you want to fuck with them, express interest in buying, wait for them to acquire the domain after it drops and then tell them afterwards you lost interest to leave them holding the bag. Occasionally, it's from a domainer or broker looking to sell a domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
I used to get actual paper mail sent to my Pobox or even home address, stating domains that i own, and how i need to renew them for $70/year.

These are semi-scammers, not sure how they get ahold of our infos, whether it be hacked info, or what. But i highly doubt Namesilo are selling customer lists
Paper bills for $70/year sounds like they're from scammers like iDNS (Internet Domain Name Services), that offer search engine listing renewals, not domain renewals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
NameCheap is shit now. Never seeing their $6 or so renewal coupons always $9 & change.

They are crooks expiring your domains @27 says now instead of 30. Here's a thread about what I went through with them, real time. Synopsis below:

NameCheap wanted $200 to renew my "expired" domain that slipped through during the Christmas holidays. They also expire in less than 30days now it's 27 days. How did I find out it expired? I got an email that my domain had been transferred to a random person.

I freaked out contacted NameCheap "live" support (that takes 5 minutes+ to answer each question.) after about 40 minutes I find out that NAMECHEAP is the 3rd party my domain was transferred to, even though their company info is nowhere on the registration.

Follow this link for the rest of the story.

Fuck NameCheap and their shitty "customer service" and scheme to make back off 27 day "expired" domains.
You do know that NameCheap operates on an enom backend, right? Did you try transferring out as an option to the $200 redemption fee?
InfoGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote