View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 07:58 AM  
jezz87
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
than maybe you are lucky or i was the most unlucky one of this planet.
i think i got in contavt with every strange issue what can happen in spain.

example: my bankaccount was locked TWICE because i paid bills to handwork companies what made a job for me but they did not pay social security.
it took me 3 weeks each time to get this account open again.

next example: when i opended the company here i made a huge investment and they should pay me 5-digit VAT back. EVERY gestoria i have asked has advised me against doing that. if you invest in spain and want the money back you have to count with a tax control over MANY MONTHES - so better leave it there and take it off part by part from what you owe them.

i get 3 times a year some examination here were they want to see how i protect personal data from beeing stolen.
i do NOT deal b2C i just deal with companies and their data are in every telephon book.

i bought a car and end up paying 2000 euros for not paid tickets of the first owner.

i also had to pay the electricity bil from the first owner from my house because if you buy something in spain you buy ALL also the depts - and the data protection prevents that you can investigate that before.

the last thing now is that i have to send someone to the postal office to pick up mails from there because they decided that it is to expensive to deliver mails here. j.f.i. I live in the most expensive part of mallorca with the highest tax imaginable if you own a house here.
this postal office with 2 counters (but only one is manned) is the only postal office for around 10.000 people. and i have to go there and stand in the chain up to 2 hours and if it is my turn i ask: no hay correos para mí? she answers in 2 of 3 cases "NO"
that is NOT funny.
Well i'm really sorry you have to deal with all this... definitely does not look like fun...
I have been living in Spain for 14 years and i can honestly say i never have had to deal with any of those things... Maybe the first 1-2 years were a bit annoying with administrative stuff, but now it's rolling smoothly. I'm not trying to be cocky here, just letting you know that there probably is a solution...
jezz87 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote