View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 05:59 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhero View Post
Honestly asking for a low price on someone's work is a little demeaning, sure you might be broke at the moment but even postponing pay for another 15 days or more? That's a little sketchy. I noticed your other posts about your pages having wordpress. Unfortunately wordpress is really easy to inject into now-a-days so yes you do need some type of security on your databases. Not to mention TLS and SSL for extra encryption. I could do this job but I'd want to know what your budget is first.
I'll be broke for years. As I just said in email to someone here, ten years ago I took in $5k a WEEK. Now I'm left with $54.80 a MONTH from SSDI. The million dollars spent on medical bills left me a beggar. I'm not proud of it; shit happens.

Sounds sketchy to you but I've been a known webmaster for twenty-four years. Been gone for nine years but I still have the same ethics I had back then. When I was active here, I was never called out for not paying. I may have amnesia but my ethics didn't disappear.

I'm not trying to demean anyone. Backing up one blog and maybe two other that have a few images (I'll reinstall Wordpress and phpbb on hacked sites) isn't long, tiring work. Fifteen-to-thirty minutes of your time isn't taking advantage either. I'm merely asking for help. If physically I could do it, I would. But I can't and may need help.

May? If I sign with a new host, they'll migrate at no cost. One guy here quoted me $200. Under an hour of work, never posts here, but wants $200.

I'd not hire you as I don't know you as a poster. If I wanted to trust an unknown person, I'd post on guru. It's not just a low price; trust is vital.

Now I'll get off my soapbox and rest my hand after spending thirty minutes typing this. Morphine is good. ��

Last edited by HairyChick; 05-15-2017 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: Typo
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote