View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 11:09 AM  
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokee81 View Post
Hm, ok . Huff. I dont know much about PHP yet. I have mainly focused on Javascript in my learning so far.

I tough that this : (http)/chaturbate(dot)com/affiliates/api/onlinerooms/?format=json&wm=C9m5N would be saved as a JSON file ? I see that it does not have the .json at the end there, but it must be saved as this somewhere ?

The best guess for me would be to pull it then using node.js ?

or would it be a direct link to a JSON file somewhere on Chaturbate? Is there any way to save that feed as a JSON ?

My plan was to save it every 2-5 min on my server and then just access the JSON file on my server and pharse out what I wanted to display using javascript
The chaturbate url will give you a feed in JSON format. You save that feed on your server but you need a program of some sort to do that with.

Load the JSON feed url from chaturbate in a browser and you can see what it will return. It will be in JSON format, but then you need to write that to a file on your server if you are going to store it.

I have not played with node.js ao I am of no help to you there but the program would have to do several things.

1. Pull the feed.
2. Store the feed in a file.

That is the basic that you need to have occur periodically.

Then from your html page you can call the json data from the server when you need it.

sarettah is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote