View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 04:52 PM  
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
No, this is not the case at all. It wasn't that the questions were improperly worded.

I didn't watch all of it, but at one point Sessions was being asked if certain people had contacts with the Russian government during the Trump Campaign. He was asked if Micheal Flynn had contacts with the Russian government during the Trump campaign and he replied with "I do not recall". Really, how could Jeff Sessions, the Attorney General of the United States, "not recall" that the National Security Advisor was forced to resign because he lied about working for a foreign government? Not only was it front page news, it's very, very important to his position as Attorney General who might be pressing charges against Flynn. How can he "not recall"?

Sessions was also asked about Paul Manafort, and if Manafort had any connections with the Russian government. We know he worked directly for the Ukrainian government and the then pro Russian president, and he is currently under investigation for these contacts. This is common knowledge, but Sessions said "I do not remember" when asked if Manafort had any connections to the Russian government.

In both cases the answer to this is "Yes" and anyone who has followed the news in the past five months knows this. Why couldn't the attorney general of the United States properly answer these questions?
You answered your own question early on; you didn't watch it all.

Paste the testimony here. I watched it and I suspect in some instances it would be hearsay to go on what he heard but hadn't confirmed personally.
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote