View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 05:29 PM  
Bladewire
StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
It was also an affiliate driven business so companies were competing like crazy to get affiliates.

That has all changed.
Right because most affiliates started making shake and bake tube sites from stolen content, stopped promoting most other sites, made great money, then they started canabilizing and stealing from each other.

I'm still in business because I create my own content, know how to program, kick ass at marketing, and know how to keep my mouth shut.

I used to give advice randomly on forums then found 1) You often get no thanks 2) You're taken for granted 3) People will publicly say you're wrong, while making money following your advice, to stave off the competition. 4) When you post questions they're rarely, if ever, answered. I still contribute though just not as full on as I used to. I still find good people to take into the fold now and again.

The group of people I've worked with over the years, that are still in business, keep our mouths shut about one another online. There have been 2 fuckups I hired in 17 years that I shouldn't have hired but that happens everywhere and nobody gets the whole picture, just a part of the operation. They were both from GFY and had been previously banned. 3 people I hired from here that are still in my network and I know I can call on, and they on me, and a few that literally just disappeared over time.

GFY still has potential to grow but with hater trolls, no longer in the business, running rampant here there's no motive to bring anyone in. Kind of like "hey here's my place and my asshole roommates that'll spit on you and steal your shit"

With all due respect the GFY owner doesn't provide insentive for growth, but a lot of insentive for people to leave, as is evident.
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote