View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 03:56 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSEO View Post
Su-22 (aka Su-17M)? I'm surprised. Didn't know someone still uses those stone-age dinosaurs...

They were using it to drop bombs.. Syria's other methods to drop bombs includes filling barrels with TNT and shoving them out of helicopters.. They aren't very technologically advanced...

btw about 15 years ago, I pulled up in my driveway (lived near a airport) and one of those flew right over my house on approach to land. I jumped back in my car and ran over to the commercial side of the airport to check it out. Turns out the guy who owned it, had 2 old era Migs like that and he was testing using some sort of powder to seed Hurricane clouds as a way to lower the strength of them.

He used the migs to fly out to the storms and would release these little canisters of powered stuff into them. Not sure what the idea was behind it, but I assume it didn't work out lol.