View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 06:35 AM  
Sid70
Downshifter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nr4d View Post
That's very easy to explain. Vancouver property is absurdly expensive, I would never own a home there - a flat at best. Arguably, I'd make the same money running my company if I live there or here, and the same money simply goes further here. By the standards here I'm quite wealthy - and thus have a much better lifestyle then I would in Canada despite the various downsides of Poland.

That being said, the area around Krakow is the smoggiest part of Poland, most of the country really isn't that depressing.

Those properties you are looking at, you need to remember that:
- Living in some rural villages further from major cities, you will not have good internet access, you might be stuck with some mobile-network internet and get 2mbits.
- You will stand out like a sore thumb
- Renovating those places in italy will cost much more then in PL or UA because of the labour costs (unless you plan to lay tiles/electric/etc yourself)
- You will have more problems with language barrier, even ordering a stupid garbage container for your renovations might be a problem if the company doesn't speak english.

I would suggest staying in Poland but get out of Krakow. I highly recommend where I am, or check out a place here called Sobótka about 30km from here. Mountain city, fiber to most of the houses/apartments, and overall really nice/not depressing.
That area is ok, there are several well kept houses aside. But, due to certain non-EU restrictions I would struggle with that kind of property.

As to your suggestions, found several Sobotka based properties I could afford to buy on spot, Tyniec Maly seems to have no offers I can afford right away.

I love Krakow, but last year was so fucking smoggy . . . it stays the same, people keep running heating using coal and garbage. It's a real problem, 2018 should bring in a new law but it's execution is questionable. Also, prices have gone up, they keep building new blocks around the city but even being new they are being built close to each other, reminds me about Kiev tho in Kiev they pump 20 stories + ).

Sobotka, 35 kms to Wroclaw, it's epically suburban, seems like that. Back from Italy, will take a drive around that area to check it out. Again, pricing is good.

Thanks for your input.