View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 02:23 PM  
Profits of Doom
Monster Rain

Industry Role:
I wouldn't use a .xxx domain for an adult toy store, nor would I use a domain with xxx in it. First off if you use a .xxx domain you can forget about doing any mainstream advertising for it, and in my experience .xxx domains get blocked on social media sites almost instantly. So you aren't going to be able to make a Facebook fan page for an .xxx domain.

As far as having xxx in the domain you are going to run into the same hurdles as above, and you also don't want to put anyone off thinking that something with xxx in it is gonna show up on their credit card statement. You can put as many disclaimers as you want on the site that the credit card would show a charge under a generic business name, but when people see xxx or something like fucktoys.com in the domain name it makes them uneasy. Guys ordering pocket pussies are worried their wife is gonna see something with xxx in it on their credit card statements, and vice versa for women ordering silver bullets because their husband doesn't satisfy them.

Trust me, register a safe domain name with novelty or products in it, like the DallasNovelty.com folks. You'll open a lot more doors and save yourself a ton of headaches in the long run...
Profits of Doom is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote