View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 11:30 PM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
Here is my thinking a few things that are necessary to be successful today...

Let's be honest this thinking is all based on nothing but what I think would work.

I would build a site on content that would deliver to a specific niche. That niche would have to be one that is relevant and hot right now and it would have to be catered to exactly as that niche wants. Too many people throw content production into the general content formula and forget about niche. So I would let data drive what type of content I produce.
The niche picks you rather than you pick the niche. It's no longer 2000 and there's something for everyone already online. So unless you really know the niche better than your customers, forget about it.

Quote:
The other important thing would be to have every angle of the sales/rebill/monetizing process down TIGHT. Not a single dollar can be lost in the process. You can't shoot content, throw up a tour and be happy with that. It's a business and you have to look at each step on your site and make sure it's working.
Something everyone is already doing.

Quote:
One of the main reasons I haven't started my own new thing is because I believe I know what goes in to make a successful site today. I know the work that is required to make it successful and if I'm being completely honest in many ways I worry that in the place I am right now I just don't have it in me to do it by myself. I used to work 18 hour days and let nothing stop me to achieving my goals. Now I have kids and I spend the majority of my time with them and I love it. So one reason I post threads like this is because I know working with the right people I can help them achieve greatness. The problem is I don't think I can do it all on my own at the moment and I damn sure don't have 18 hours a day to do it.
you work from home when the kids are at school, playing with their mate or asleep.

IMO. Stop thinking of starting a paysite or tube from scratch, or hooking up with someone already in the game isn't going to work. Instead, analyse your skills what you bring to the table, are you a programmer, photographer, webmaster, marketing, etc. Then use those skills to drive you forward, share those skills in a blog and make it the go to place for people in the industry to read. Have a lot more to offer than relying on Google for traffic.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote