View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 05:23 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
WordPress Plugin Coder or Editor

i need a plugin adapted to my needs. I had one written for me but I neglected to clearly state one thing I need.

The plugin imports txt files in a certain directory to another directory. From there I need it to post each txt file to Wordpress as a DRAFT.

I have someone kindly helping me by converting huge text files into individual txt files. He then ftps the txt files into the folder specified in the plugin. But the plugin doesn't upload to Wordpress and save as draft.

I thought I'd have to copy and paste each txt file as draft, but with nearly nine hundred posts needing to be edited, I tossed that thought. Then it occurred to me that adapting the plugin by adding a few lines of code could simplify this for me. I no longer code but I think adding the following would work

1. I use the plugin to import GFY.txt to the content directory
2. It saves it as GFY.html
3. It saves GFY.html as " draft"
4. I go to Posts, Drafts, click GFY.html
5. I edit the file, rename or save.

If you have the capability to edit and add code and you aren't looking for megabucks, send me a private message. You'll get credit via link at the bottom of every page. Is free advertising forever worth an hour or two of your time? (pleading look, sad eyes, a weak smile and your coding skills in my signature on forums).

Thanks for reading. Better than a Trump post, huh?!?!

HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote