View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 10:49 AM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipecrew View Post
Yeah you are right. I am currently in Miami Beach for this hurricane. The people I know who did leave and sit in traffic for 10 + hours are now going to be in the direct path of this thing and have nowhere else to go (So yeah, pissed). Some are even trying to drive back to Miami. You basically have 0 gas left in florida + no more hotel roms at this point. You need to drive to deep georgia at this point and how?

my thoughts on staying are, I am in a protected building and I'd rather get hit first and be done with it first, then try to outrun this shit and be stuck in unfamiliar surroundings far from home. Not too mention trying to get back to Miami with all the shit on the road and the millions of agitated people trying to drive back also.
That was just dumb on their part. Were they all new to FL? Anyone who's been though these storms should know its a very fluid thing as to the path they take. If you are going to bother to evacuate, you dont just go to another part of Florida.. You get out of the state or at least go up to the pan handle.

I mean for fucks sake, they knew this strom was 300-400 miles across, FL is 150 miles across, its not rocket science to understand everywhere in the state is gonna get hit,. People just moving to the other side of the state, clearly did not think things through very well.

I mean shit they said the size of Irma could hold 3 hurricane Andrews.. Anyway, good luck in Miami my ass in in Louisiana..
crockett is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote