View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 07:09 AM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
A 7 Day pictorial guide to my towns local public toilets.

Well, as I get a lot of fan mail from GFY members, asking me what I like to do in my spare time, to which I always answer 'Hang out in public toilets' I have decided that over the course of this coming week, I shall share my love of my local public toilets with all you good folks at GFY.

I plan to have a shot of the outside of all the main conveniences, along with a brief write up of the pros and cons of each location. That way, should you ever choose to visit my little seaside town, you will have the 'local advantage' and be able to get the most out of your visit. Below is a map, posted on the now closed Beachcomber Restaurant, which highlights the location of the remaining public toilets. Using this map I shall spend the next 5 days, updating this post with plenty of pics and insider secrets

PLEASE NOTE: By 'Insider Secrets' I DONT mean pictures taken INSIDE the toilets.They shall remain in my private collection for the time being... Sorry

So, lets start of with a little recent history, which should explain how this guide came into existence. Slap bang in the middle of the town are the 'Award Winning' public toilets, situated on 'The Den' (A Large Green Public Space) which are situated underneath the 'Beachcomber Restaurant'. Unfortunately, the Beachcomber suffered a fire in the kitchen a month or so ago, leading to the closure of the towns most popular loos...

It brings a tear to my eye to show you them below, all fenced off and unable to be visited in the way which god intended...

The highlight of these particular toilets is the sewerage system. The waste is taken in pipes all along underneath the big green grassed area for disposal. On a particularly hot summers day, its possible to lay on the grass sunbathing and enjoy the rich smell, emanating from the pipes below. ground... Delightful

Anyway, because of this closure, they have provided an alternative 'Porta-Potty' instead. Rubbish! You can only fit a couple of people inside at once, and its obvious to all when you go inside together, attracting possible police attention No privacy anywhere anymore.

The only upside to the porta-potty was the other weekend a load of drunk teenagers upended it, and it leaked all over the tarmac. That was nice, however a poor replacement for the best toilets that I pictured above.

Anyway, poop fans, thats enough for today. Tune in to this thread tomorrow when I update it with photos of 'Number 1' on the map, the 'Point Carpark' toilets. A rustic little 1950s building that due to engineering works taking place nearby, currently holds an unexpected, yet welcome surprise...

👁️ 👍️ 💩
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote