View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 05:43 AM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
Toilet Number 4 - The Jubilee Shelter

Despite a trip to my local library, with a long time spent pouring over historical documents, I was unable to find the exact date this beautiful structure was built. Known as the Jubilee Shelter, you could be forgiven for thinking that its in connection with the Queens Silver Jubilee, that took place in 1977. However it has been in-place much much longer than that. Check out this old postcard below, which shows the building back in the 40s or the 50s... Some say it even dates back to Victorian times...

Note also that it is single story. The top part as evidenced in the recent picture below has yet to be added...

Now, the building is the Teignmouth Yacht Clubs headquarters, with lots of snooty and snobby events taking place. However the la-di-da upperclass yachtsmen congregate in the inside toilets, which are not accessible by the public. However, the most important part of the building, the PUBLIC toilets, still remain and are open 24/7

Just a simple toilet, with some nice blue wall tiling. Inside, a 'trough' for urine, and 2 cubicles. No glory holes or graffiti, yet a delightful ambiance in place, simply inspired by the historical significance and 'Old Fashioned' odour, due to the ancient plumbing... The windows allow the sunlight to playfully dance over the urine cakes that glisten in the trough... Lets take a closer look at the windows and entrance...

Unfortunately, these toilets are slightly off the beaten track compared to the others and don't get that much foot traffic. They are to small for larger gatherings. Unfortunately they also suffer from another design flaw - Distance between Male and Female toilets. Each is at an opposite end of the building, meaning that there is a 50 foot plus gap between them. Simply meaning zero chance of any cross contamination, zero chance of a hole being drilled in the wall, and you cant even communicate through air vents (as is the normal way) Very disappointing So, Overall not my first choice to go to, but a great backup to keep in mind if the action at the other toilets isn't to the level of action you require.

Don't forget to check in tomorrow, for the final destination, the Eastcliff Carpark Toilets

👁️ 👍️ 💩
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote