View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:12 AM  
Steve Rupe
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPdommy View Post
Yes, I agree, enough is enough.
You want to force your will on others to do as you want while the whole time I am sure in your home you do not do the same as you are expecting of others.

I will not worship a idol just because it is your tradition. If I did it it will be because I want to do it of my own accord.

The largest right given to you in the 'bill of rights' of the constitution is the right of dissent.
That means the right to disagree publicly with the actions of your government.
Take that away and we immediately live in a world similar to N.Korea or China or Russia.
As all of the other rights come in jeopardy.

I don't have the desire to burn a flag. But if you wish to make it unlawful, I will do it everyday. I worship no idols !

I do worship a document that says exactly what and how a civil society conducts itself.
That 'bill of rights' the founding fathers felt so strongly about that it was a built-in function to prevent the Congress from changing it. For they feared this exact same knee-jerk reactionary from altering these core values.

You must also be forgetting that the reason the kneeling was done in the first place was to remember those that were not being treated as the constitution tells us they should be treated... which is equally... under the law.

Instead of that recognition, you would make it illegal to protest the government if you could.
Which is less American ?
I will remind you the Flag represents the document that you claim to "worship". In my case I do not "worship" anything but I do respect both the document and the Flag that it is representative of the document. In the case of the Flag it represents more than just a document. It represents every man/woman that has served their country in uniform, those that lived and those that have died.

If someone in my presence disrespects that "idol" as you call it I will exercise my "god" given right to knock your ass out.

The kneeling began because of some blacks thinking that local city/county/state cops were wrongfully shooting their criminal brothers. I am not aware that Federal cops were engaged in this but there were probably some occasional shootings of criminals by the Federal cops.

So they kneel to protest the Federal Governments National Anthem or to disrespect the Federal Flag. When the Federal Government was not the ones doing the shooting.

That makes zero sense to me but maybe it does to you. BTW even if the kneeler's were to use another way of protesting it is not ever going to stop cops from shooting criminals. Just my opinion of course.
Steve Rupe is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote