View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
It's stunning. Trump is taking credit for everything when he's done nothing. It's stunning how the economy went from being horrible to great in a matter of months when nothing has changed.
Nobody ever belives me when I say that there is nothing a president can do to affect the economy short of 6-8 months.
The best representation to that was the checks that GW Bush handed out to stimulate the economy after 911.
But we had to borrow that money to do it so most of it went directly back to the folks we borrowed it from. The Chinese. because our trade deficit was so bad, it floated to retail without circulating multiple times and taxed each step of the way as it was intended to do.

The smarter move was a longer term approach and spend money on infrastructure.
But hey... who does not like cash ! It was a political move.
Under general conditions even the infrastructure program would take about 18 months to measure in the economy.

I did not blame Bush Jr on the poor economy of the early 2000's but Clinton.
If you remember the .com bubble just after he took office. And one can't blame him for 911 but I can blame him for all those tax incentives he and his congress gave to actually move off-shore with your production. Something not realized under his presidency.

Just as I blame Clinton for the repeal of Glass-Steagall act that allowed the banks to do it to us again in just 8 short years. I don't care what party they are. What's wrong is wrong.
I don't like any of them. While there are a few things I like about any of the POTUS's we have had, I particularly like GHW Bush and Obama. How's that for contrast. LOL
But that does not mean I condone everything they did.

But I just feel they keep everyone divided and arguing with ourselves so we can not effectively mount a opposition to all these bad deeds.
We all have more in common, but the division topics keep everyone from seeing that.
VRPdommy is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote