View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 06:09 AM  
BaldBastard
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSEO View Post
You would be disappointed, but armored concrete can stay earth quakes much better than a wood. It can stay earth quakes, hurricanes and even a nuclear blast.
Course I would be worried about that I'd lived in a paper-like barbie house.

I'm from a country that has thousands of earth quakes a year, New Zealand, and in an earth quake a wooden house is much safer than concrete unless its specifically modified for earth quakes, even small earth quakes totally fuck concrete, you need something that can move with the quake. I have been in a concrete place and watched the wall beside me splinter up the middle.

-------

The LAST place you want to be in a fire is in an concrete place with 2ft brick walls, your basically in a pizza oven, there's really little you can do if a firestorm hits except get away before it comes, the major issue is wind that can blow burning embers for miles, so people think they are safe and well away from the fire, and next thing those leaves in the guttering catch fire and burn the house down.

I advise the Russians to keep giving advise on 500 ways to cook a potato and how to survive a Martian winter, other than that best to shut the fuck up.
BaldBastard is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote