View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 02:47 PM  
onwebcam
Fake Nick 1.0

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I'm just exhausted by all of this. I rarely watch the news any more.

From what I've read, it seems like trump did two things.

First, he removed the restrictions on what insurance they can offer. A big problem we had in the health was these stripped down healthcare packages. People thought they had healthcare, but when a serious problem came up they discovered things weren't covered, or they had caps on how much money the insurance would cover.

Second, the US government is not going to subsidize the payments to the healthcare. This means we will be paying full price for healthcare. In my case, my bill goes from $150 a month to $1100 a month - almost as much as my mortgage.

This is stunning. So now we are required, by law, to buy healthcare, and our healthcare will no longer be subsidized by the US government so for most people our healthcare bills will go through the roof. So less people will be insured, and it will cost more for the people who do pay for it. Then when less people are paying into the costs, the costs will go up even more.

This is going to be a massive failure, and it will fall at the feet of the Republicans.
Trump is just pressuring the House and Senate to do something. Subsidy funding was going to end either way. He just sped up the process to light a fire under their asses. None of it's Trumps fault. It all rests with the House and Senate twiddling their thumbs. If they don't do something by the end of the year my bet is Trump removes the penalties as well. You can't lay blame on just the Republican's either. It's both sides.