View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 09:52 AM  
rowan
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GspotProductions View Post
now with so much id validation, the amount spent and withdrawn is, so tax and other purposes are traceable, however, the actual transactions are not traceable as you are only given the wallet to send it to. No names, id etc...
It's a complete chain of transactions, not just "A gave funds to B", so in some cases it's possible to infer the identity of the final recipient based on the transactions which funded the final transaction, and the transactions which funded those transactions, and so on. I get lost after a couple of levels, but there's some pretty smart people who can pull some surprisingly useful information out of the blockchain.

It's also possible to send a tracer transaction to a known address and use that to link future transactions. If I send funds to known address A, then a future transaction from address B (which I didn't know about) incorporates those tracer funds, I now know that address A and B are from the same wallet, which opens up a whole new backwards path to explore.

I have two tracer transactions sitting in my wallet. No idea who sent them, or why. I have to be careful to manually exclude them every time I send funds.
rowan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote